Tips for Selling Your Home
Moor Realty Group wants you to get the most money for your home. Here are some tested and trusted tips to help you achieve that goal.
Consider Professional Photography . . .
Homes with professional photography receive 87% more views, along with a 47% higher asking price. Also, homes with more photos sell quicker!
Why is this?
Over 95% of home buyers begin their search online! This is why we hire professional photographers to ensure these buyers see your home and like what they see!
Preparations for listing your home:
- Clear all surface areas including tables, bookshelves, and countertops of all clutter.
- Remove any items around sinks and showers or tubs. Such as, but not limited to shampoo bottles, soaps, and toothbrushes.
- Make sure all lightbulbs are working and matching.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Clean and put away all dishes.
- Take personal items off the walls, such as family photos.
- Hide or put away all laundry.
- Empty and take out all trash.
- Secure all sensitive paperwork, medications, and valuable personal items in a safe place.
Once you're ready to hit the market, we recommend . . .
Declutter and make any repairs or alterations that will increase the value of your home. This will help present your home in its best form. If you're not sure what to do, ask your realtor!
Potential buyers want to envision themselves living in your home, which is why it's a great idea to consider staging a vacant home. According to the National Association of Realtors, "81% of buyers' agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home."1.
Remember, first impressions last a lifetime!